This detailed guide to the reptiles and amphibians of Britain, Ireland and the Channel Islands has been produced, by Howard Inns – ARC Trustee, with the aim of inspiring an increased level of interest in these exciting and fascinating animals.
It is designed to help anyone who finds a lizard, snake, turtle, tortoise, terrapin, frog, toad or newt to identify it with confidence!
The book features:
- Stunning photography.
- An easy-to-use approach to identification.
- Superbly illustrated introductory sections on the biology and conservation, taxonomy, life-cycle and behaviour of each species group.
- Profiles of the 16 native reptiles and amphibians that breed in Britain, Ireland and the Channel Islands and the 5 marine turtles that visit our seas.
- Profiles of 7 established non-native species and a summary of 8 more with a history of release/escape.
- Distribution maps based on the latest available information.
- Hints and tips on where, when and how to watch reptiles and amphibians.
- Paperback (with plastic cover)
- Author: Howard Inns (ARC Trustee)
- Publisher: Wild Guides
- ISBN: 978-190365725-6
- 164 full colour pages
- Size: 15cm x 21cm
All author royalties from this book have been donated to Amphibian and Reptile Conservation.